Thank you to each and every sponsor, exhibitor, speaker, and attendee from around the country that joined us at the Vinoy Renaissance St. Petersburg Resort & Golf Club in St. Petersburg, FL, the 2023 Winter Conference was a huge success.
The conference featured nine educational sessions where thirty of the M&A industry’s thought leaders shared their knowledge and expertise with over 350 attendees. Check out these standout moments:
In case you missed out, here’s a recap of just a few of the sessions we offered this year:
In “Reclaiming EBITDA Margins” experts discussed:
- How normalizing trends were observed across some of private equities most desired sectors, which included but were not limited to core industrial, supply, service sectors, and more.
- Sensitive topics around cost management strategies, including labor, freight, and supplier relationships, which were key to correcting, maintaining, and expanding profit margins.
There was also “What to Know About the 4 Primary Areas of M&A Due Diligence” where a panel of M&A experts discussed
- How EBITDA margins and sustainability is being justified within mid-market
- Privately held or private equity backed companies
- Insights on normalizing trends across some of private equities most desired sectors; including but not limited to core industrial, supply, service sectors, and more.
We would be remiss if we didn’t take the opportunity to shine a well deserved spotlight on these two dedicated and instrumental members:
2022 Thought Leader of the Year
Christian W. Blees, CPA/ABV, CM&AA
Tell Him Congratulations!
2022 Chapter Leader of the Year
Principal, Senior Client Strategist
BNY Mellon Wealth Management
Tell Him Congratulations!
Thank you both for your hard work, influence, and leadership. We are grateful to have you and celebrate you and your accomplishments!
We at AM&AA actively listen to our member’s feedback and continuously improve on our events. This year we brought some new additions to our Winter Conference – Learning Labs and Breakout Sessions.
Some of our Learning Labs included:
- How Exit Planning Creates a Pipeline of Future Sellers
- Navigating the Digital Landscape: Strategies for Portfolio Companies and PE Firms
- International Carveouts: How to Shorten TSAs, Save Money, and Ensure Compliance
We extended our Deal Connect time slots. Deal Connect gives attendees the opportunity to facilitate deal opportunities in front of pre-screened Investment Bankers and M&A Intermediaries while the latter engage the M&A community attendees with the latest trends, deals, and new relationships.
Due to demand we also extended our meeting times. We want attendees to be able to get the most out of each and every one of our events by having more opportunities to close deals, network, and elevate their M&A skills. If you missed it, don’t worry– this is a bi-annual conference! Mark your calendars for our 2023 Summer Conference. It will be in beautiful San Diego, July 11-13, where we will celebrate the 25th anniversary of the AM&AA. Take advantage of the early bird pricing and register today!
In the meantime, keep up with AM&AA online for all the latest updates.