The 2022 Summer Conference was a success. Thank you so much to each and every sponsor, exhibitor, speaker, and attendee from around the country that joined us at the historic Adolphus Hotel in Dallas, TX.
The conference featured nine educational sessions where the M&A industry’s leading thought leaders shared their knowledge and expertise with nearly 300 attendees. Let’s highlight a few of them.
In “Statistics and Commentary on M&A Today,” thought leaders dissected today’s robust deal market, how the pandemic led valuation volumes to drop, and much more.
“ESG: Finding Sustainability”
- ESG (Environmental Social Governance) initiatives of a seller are quickly becoming a growing part of due diligence
- After improving your ESG strategy internally the next step is to look at all suppliers and vendors and their ESG commitment
- Investors are beginning to look at Sustainability reports as much as financial reports when analyzing a target acquisition
“Innovative Success Stories That Have Helped Close Deals”
- Many industries are showing recovery from the pandemic. The industries that have not recovered are experiencing deeper levels of due diligence so the buyer can analyze risk properly.
- The current economy is increasing the use of earnouts, equity kickers, and seller financing in middle market deals
- Macroeconomic issues of the last two years impacting sellers are making the negotiation of a transaction more complex.
“The Changing Landscape Around Interest Rates”
- Even with the increase in interest rates deal flow in the middle market remains strong and steady.
- The volume of Healthcare deals in the middle market is clearly outpacing all other industries
And what did we learn from “How Companies Boost ROI By Investing In Human Capital? One speaker put it plainly: “Create an experience. People never forget an experience.”
In addition to two days of education and insights, the Summer Conference featured two of its flagship events: Deal Connect and 1-on-1 Meetings. Deal Connect gave attendees the opportunity to facilitate deal opportunities in front of pre-screened Investment Bankers and M&A Intermediaries while the latter engaged the M&A community attendees with the latest trends, deals, and new relationships.
The Summer Conference in Dallas was fun and informative. If you missed it, it’s important to remember this is a bi-annual conference. Mark your calendars and make plans to join AM&AA for the 2023 Winter Conference in St. Petersburg, Florida. Official dates will be announced soon. Keep with AM&AA online for all the latest.
AM&AA membership grants you discounted pricing on the bi-conference and many other perks and advantages for M&A professionals. Get started here.